Answers to Frequently Asked Questions are set out below. Should you require any information regarding the sale process please contact one of our property consultants who will be happy to help answer any questions you may have.

Sellers Frequently Asked Questions

How much will it cost to sell my property with Alphabet City?

Alphabet City charge a commission fee, this is payable once your property has sold and contracts have been signed. Our commission is based on an agreed percentage of the sale price plus VAT at the prevailing rate. Click here to view our fee structure.

Do you charge for marketing my property?

If you market your property with Alphabet City for Sale, we will cover your marketing costs subject to our Terms of Business. Click here, to review our Terms of Business. To see how we market your property, click here.

What other costs should I plan for when I sell my property?

Energy Performance Certificate

It is a legal requirement to arrange for an EPC to be carried out prior to marketing your property. Contact Alphabet City to arrange an EPC from £85.00 + VAT. An EPC report is valid for 10 years.

Legal Fees

Your legal fees will vary greatly depending on the solicitor you have selected to carry out the conveyancing work.Your solicitor will advise you personally of their fee structure.  We are happy to recommend the following companies with whom we have worked for a number of years:

Home Removers

Should you require the services of a home moving company, you should factor the cost in during the sale process. To find a professional home moving company refer to The British Association of Removers for help and advice.

Who pays the Stamp Duty?

The Buyer is responsible for paying the Stamp Duty. Click here for further information.

Do I have to pay Capital Gains Tax?

If you are selling a property that is your main home, it is likely that you will not have to pay Capital Gains Tax if you meet the specific conditions. If you are selling a property that is not your main home, it is likely that you will have to pay Capital Gains Tax. We recommend that you seek professional financial advice prior to selling your property so you can confirm if this is something that will affect you. Click here for further information.

What are Title Deeds? Where are they kept?

Title Deeds are proof of ownership for your property. If you have a mortgage on your property these documents will be held with your bank or building society. During the sale process your solicitor will obtain a copy and provide them to your Buyer’s solicitor.  

How can I get my property ready before I put my property on the market?

During our FREE appraisal consultation we will advise you how to best present your property for sale. We appreciate that selling your home is a very personal process, and we will work with you to provide best advice to maximize your marketing potential. For further advice, click here.

How do you conduct viewings at my property?

All appointments will be accompanied by one of our professional property consultants. We will discuss your preferred viewing arrangements prior to the marketing process and work in line with your preferred viewings days and times. All viewings will be carried out during business hours and you will be advised 24hrs before all appointments are carried out. If your property is tenanted, we will require the tenants names and contact details, so we can call to introduce ourselves and work with them to arrange access. We are always considerate of the fact that the property we are selling is someone’s home and we always work with you to accommodate your preferred viewing preferences.

Should I be present for viewings?

It is not necessary for you to be present for viewings if we have full access to your property as all viewings are accompanied by a property consultant. If you wish to be present for viewings let us know and we can work along with what works best for you.

When I accept an offer will my property still be viewed?

This is dependent on your preferences and the condition of the offer.

When will I need to move out of the property?

Your solicitor will advise you of your completion date that has been agreed by all parties. The property will need to be vacant by this date.


Sellers FAQs

Standard Fees

Sole Agency 2% + VAT (2.4% inc. VAT)
Where Alphabet City is the sole agent selling your property.

Multi Agency 3% + VAT (3.6% inc. VAT)
Where Alphabet City and other agents are instructed to sell.

If you wish to use Alphabet City to sell more than one property on your behalf, please contact us.


Sellers Terms and Conditions

Alphabet City Sale -Terms & Conditions

Step by Step Seller's Guide

Step by step sellers guide
Expert property advice
Why Alphabet City
Property Portals