Tower Hamlets Licencing
Tower Hamlets will proceed with an ‘Additional’ Licensing Scheme of all property with three or more tenants forming two or more different households, irrespective of the property type, throughout the borough from 1st April 2019. This excludes the current wards already covered by the Selective Licencing Scheme.
How will this affect you?
The licencing fee will be £520.00 for five years and will require that a property meets minimum standards and has relevant safety certificates. The application process tends to be lengthy and involved. Evidence of the following will be required:
- Annual gas safety certificate
- Electrical installation condition certificate in the last 5 years and a portable appliance test certificate
- An automated alarm system in the event of fire, and if appropriate emergency lighting
- Evidence of arrangements which demonstrate competent property management – management records and copies of tenancy agreements
- Floor plan with room and kitchen sizes clearly shown
- Copy of the EPC where this applies
- Current occupancy details (tenancy agreements)
Alphabet City can help
Alphabet City is very experienced in helping our Landlords through this process, as we have now assisted our Newham Landlords through two cycles of licencing.
We will be in contact early in the New Year to discuss your requirements.